1. The Omandurar Government Multispecialty Hospital on Mount Road is being converted into a special facility with 350 beds, to treat COVID-19 patients.
2. The other operations of the hospital would be wound down and it will be dedicated towards the treatment of patients who test positive for SARS-CoV-2.
3. Since it is a new hospital and has a lot of space, we decided to commandeer it for this specific purpose.
4. The provision would be made under the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance scheme to compensate the expenses incurred on poor patients who may not be able to afford the fees of ₹1500 (if negative) or ₹4,500 (if positive) for testing for the infection.
5. The State has 10,000 beds in the government sector, and in the coming days, bed capacity would be scaled up to 750-1500 in the private sector too.