1. Austin-based start-up diligent robotics has brought to market a robot nurse that is designed to reduce workloads so that hospitals can use their staffs as efficiently as possible.
2. Just last week, diligent robotics announced that it has raised a $10 million series an investment to help scale up to deliver its fleet of nurse assistant robots to more hospitals.
3. Moxi, which is designed to reduce nurse workloads by handling tasks like collecting supplies, gathering soiled linens, and delivering fresh ones, could help to reduce health care professionals’ exposure to disease
4. Equipped with a robotic arm and a set of wheels on its base, it is about the size of a human but designed to look like a robot. Its head and eyes can move to signal intent, like which direction it’s about to move, while sounds let it communicate with nurses and doctors.
5. Moxi was created by diligent robotics at university of Texas, Austin by CEO Dr. Andrea thomaz, a Roboticist and professor who previously ran the Georgia tech socially intelligent machines lab.