1. According to the study conducted by Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA), the Carbon dioxide Emissions in India has declined the least in four decades.
2. The study says that the carbon dioxide emissions in India has reduced by 15% in March and by 30% in April.
3. The study also says that the latest consumption of oil and gas, coal has declined.
4. It has fell by 30 million tonnes in 2019-20 in the country as compared to that of the previous year.
5. The carbon dioxide pollution in the country is mainly caused due to power and transportation sector.
6. The decline in consumption of fossil fuels is also the main reason for the reduction in pollution.
7. The power generated by coal-fired power plants reduced by 15% in March for the first time. Also, the renewable energy generation has increased by 6.4% in March.