1. The researcher from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has developed light carbon foam that will replace lead batteries.
2. The carbon foam is easy to fabricate, non-toxic and affordable.
3. The researcher is a recipient of INSPIRE Faculty award. The material developed by the institute has the potential to replace lead-acid batteries.
4. It is also useful to make heat sink, electromagnetic interference shielding in aerospace, electrode for lead-acid batteries, hydrogen storage and water purification systems.
5. The raw materials to make the carbon foam is easily available. It also helps to remove oil, arsenic and other metals from contaminated water.