The 400-metre-long skywalk at ITO in central Delhi it led to the latest face-off between the Centre and the Delhi government, with both claiming stake in the process was open to the public. Union minister for housing and urban affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, Delhi lieutenant governor Anil Baijal and New Delhi Member of Parliament MeenakshiLekhi were present at the launch event. In 2016, we had approved several projects to be taken up under the urban development fund. They have decided that the Centre would provide 80 per cent of the fund, while the rest 20 per cent would be provided by the state government. Last year they have decided that if Delhi government doesn’t give the necessary clearances, they will go ahead. They have seen the same pattern for all Delhi government projects. The Delhi government have spent Rs12 crore on the construction of the ITO skywalk. The project was designed, approved and executed by the Delhi government. Delhi Public Works Deparment (PWD) minister Satyender Jain had conducted an open design competition. From the designs that had been submitted, a unique design was selected for the ITO skywalk.“Almost immediately after that, a PWD secretary appointed by the central government raised objections in the project. Deputy ChiefMinister Manish Sisodia overruled his objections and provided Rs 12 crore for the project. TheAamAadmi Party had alleged that the Centre was taking credit for the construction of the skywalk by not inviting anyone from the Delhi government for the launch event.There are over 25 major offices and institutions at ITO and approximately 30,000 pedestrians cross various roads around the ITO crossing on a daily basis, making it one of the busiest intersections in the country.